Sunday, April 14, 2013

If it poops like a mouse then maybe it is a mouse !?!

Ok, first off, I am feeling a little schizophrenic. I have been dreaming about land, raising animals...basically being Mrs. Dolittle and then a friend posted this picture on her facebook page.


This is my friend's mother-in-law helping out with one of their roosters. Granted roosters are a bit bigger, but holy cow look at those talons.  Then all these crazy bossy thoughts start popping in my head like
....can you get chicken scratch
....what kind of chicken gloves does a person need
....I'm gonna die
....one of the kids will for sure die
...what do you do with an animal when it dies
....I am so ooo oo going to be in over my head!

And then when I am feeling completely inadequate, we had an unfortunate incident. Here's what happened.  So a couple of weeks ago we showed the house and most things ended up in the garage...things started to pile up and we slated to clean out the garage as one of our pre-listing duties.



We (ok Craig) started moving things out to organize into groups of sell, donate, or trash it piles. While moving we saw black rice looking stuff and then it hit me...we have mice, but not only did we have a mouse, we found a nest.  It was empty but holy cow I was on high alert. My son swears he saw a five foot rat.  So being proactive we bought both kinds of traps...


Ya'll know we homeschool so everything is educational.  This lesson had the boys FULL attention.  Let me just say that on the test snap everyone jumped....if the mouse/rat does not bite the dust I just may!  Let me also address that checking on said traps = large cojones. Craig may not sleep tonight....


Before you all start commenting...yes I know mice are small and relatively harmless but what about
rickets.  Ok, off to ponder this whole country living thing and oh and listen for the "snap".  

No comments:

Post a Comment