Sunday, April 21, 2013

Life in between the dreaming

Life is crazy cool in our home.  I mean 4 kids all day, one geriatric dog, 4 tadpoles, field trips, life lessons, and preparing to live the green acres dream proves to make for full days.  Here's a run down of our week so far.


So a sweet homeschooling mama called me to tell me they had found the mother load of tadpoles.  I of course wanted in on the action so last Monday we went tadpole or polywog hunting.  It was a huge success.


As you can tell there was one causality.  We talked about center of gravity and why you should lay down before scooping the net....but par for the course, one of my kids fell in.  I think Faith was more in shock at the nastiness of the water yuck.  No real eminent threat, but she learned a valuable lesson!

    Let me fully disclose that we had one tadpole from before the hunt.  It is a special needs tadpole and has yet to morph into a frog...18mo later and still a tadpole.  The real reason I wanted some more tadpoles was for this lone special needs tadpole.  I thought maybe if he had friends changing into frogs maybe they could show him the way to frogdomeville. I know crazy but at this point whatever works right? I might add that some of his other friends were used as fishing bait so these are some of the lucky ones!!

 
  Lastly, for the tax day, we had free cookies at the American Cookie Company.  Some good things do happen on tax day!:)



Wednesday, we toured the Round Rock Express stadium....it was a behind the scenes tour.  We got to be lead by all park Bob, sit in the dugout, and walk the clubhouse.  My kids along with their friends loved it!!

Friday took us to the State Capitol....for TeenPact. It is a one day class to teach 8-13 yr. olds about the legislative process.  Holy Cow this was an impressive teaching day!

Apparently Lady Liberty got the memo to be there in full attire :)


We started out the class with sword drills, talking about what scripture had to stay about governing authorities, worshiping with hymns, and then going on a prayer walk thru the capitol.  The y talked about on of the most powerful things we can do is to pray for our leaders. Prayers for wisdom in policy making, prayers for more Christians to hold office and prayers that we could continue to pray in public....these are all things that are slowly dissolving!

Finally, both of my kids presented their mock bills to the legislature   They were coached on presentation skills, how to dispute a bill, and how amend it.  I may have learned more than they did!!!



Next up....our farm visit...did you know that you have to trim hooves of goats?  I sure didn't!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment