Thursday, January 9, 2014

Charasmatic what?

Have you ever met with someone and they just oozed God.  I have a friend that every time we meet, I cry, laugh, and feel like God was at the table with us. That wherever 2 are more gathered verse (Matt 18:20) really applies in this friendship. I've done lots of bible studies, been to numerous conferences, and been faithful to the lord but sometimes I just don't hear anything from God and I want to be that superhero of the faith God speaks daily to. I mean what if God was so pleased that I was the Enoch of our generation and he decided to take me up to heaven without an earthly death??!!


I just felt promted to ask her to help me "Hear" God.  She is the friend that stretches me and is for sure more charismatic in her faith but faithful ever so faithful. Before this friendship and honestly probably even a year ago I would scoff at the new me.  I am a far cry from the big Dallas blond hair and fake nails(not that I judge you if you do) that was my signature trademark in the '90s.  I mean for the sake; I own chickens, homeschool 4 beautiful kids, and use essential oils but Jesus sure does amazing things!


 I digress, so I wanted to hear God more and I needed someone to help me get back on the path.  She gave me a book on supernatural encounters and told me I needed to find a place to tone out the noise and be still with God.  Well I have an action packed quiet time but I homeschool and life, well life, just gets crazy 'round the Hindes house. So I took her advice and started reading the book but was not consistently meeting with him in the AM.  The book was fascinating though and the author actually conducts a ministry at a coffee house here in town one Saturday every month.


Going to the said coffee house was another personal barrier but curiosity got the better of me.  So this last Saturday night I found myself entering a coffee house with a prophetic ministry. I was honestly afraid that there might be snakes or people falling to the floor with prophetic words being pounded into them but it was surprisingly an amazing time with God.


I wish I still had the tape I recorded from the meeting, but I accidently deleted it.  From my memory the biggest take away was that I needed to get rid of the gawking gaggle of geese and be still to find my quiet place with the lord.  The women actually said she was having trouble hearing anything over the noise in my life...surprising?...no!


Fast forward and I stopped by another friends house and had fun catching up.  At the end of our visit she said she had a book she felt God was prompting her to give me.  Yep...guess who it was for...Busy Moms!  So should you need me in the AM...I will be on the back porch or in the hammock getting my early morning time in with the Life Giver, Yahweh Ro’i!  No more I'd never but rather Lord I'm ready for where you want to take me today! #chistianadventruesarefun



No comments:

Post a Comment