Saturday, March 23, 2013

The night I ran away

There are just some weeks that make me want to run away and this was one of those weeks.  I didn't run too far just far enough to meet up with a "sister from another mother" kinda friend!  The week started out with the house showing and I am not gonna lie...it was harder than I thought to not sell the house.  I mean I already had packing boxes in the garage and some of them even packed!


Tuesday brought a visit to the vet.  Our 15 yr. old puppy, Sassy, is now in her "sunset days."  The Vet informed us she has, at best, a couple months to live.  Hospice for Dogs is currently operational in our home.

Wednesday  brought an unexpected emergency trip to the dentist.


My sweet Faith bumped heads with her brother and almost knocked out her two front bottom teeth.  Glad I went to the pediatric dentist when I did.  They were able to re-secure the teeth and hopefully avoid a double root canal.  We go back next Wednesday to see how the teeth are doing and also get a quote to fix the chip where the teeth hit one another.


Thursday we went over to a very special family friend's house.  We did an Easter craft and our 8 kids had a blast!  This is the best picture to accurately reflect how some homeschooling days go....joyful and chaotic!



 Thursday afternoon was the President's Day Challenge.  All the kids ran either a mile or 1/2 mile and completed 4 other challenges.  It was a great afternoon.....until we came home with another friend.  While the Mom and I were talking one of her kids were hit in the head with a softball.  Friday morning I got the call that our friend had a concussion because of it:(


Friday night was supposed to be our date night, but it was a total bust.  Tensions were high...emotions off the chart so I decided to run away with a friend.


Brenda, my sweet "wise" friend made me laugh and forget all that the week ensued.  What a blessing friends are....they know the good, bad, and the ugly and they still chose you!

Well that about sums up the week...I don't think I even mentioned my parents divorce and how it continues to ravage my family, the recovery of my husband and how that still impacts us or my own sinful flawed nature, but for now I continue to run the race set before me....knowing I am in a marathon not a sprint.

Hebrews 12:1 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

No comments:

Post a Comment