Friday, February 22, 2013

The "Fixer"

We live in a wonderful house full of potential, but for the average buyer they have to see the beauty not just  imagine it, so with that said, we decided to start fixing up the house to prepare it for sale.  Last week the granite counters went in the kitchen and master bath.  We chose the "cheaper chicken" option which involves us handling the plumbing hookup and gas stove hook-up.  In theory it sounds like no big deal, but with new under mount sinks it changes the pipe setup.  4 days later we still have no range or plumbing in the kitchen and the master bath vanity is still not yet plumbed. In other recent discoveries...I found out I had been touching up the trim work with ceiling paint....explains why there was no shine on 1/2 the baseboards. I think we will have this home improvement stuff down just in time to buy another "fixer".  I will post official pictures of the remodel when there is a finished product.  For now enjoy the work in action shots....my hair is white from paint, my ears are deaf from the cutting of the granite in house, and my tummy is rumbling not having our kitchen!:)  No pain no gain right?

 demolition....can I just say I am so pleased that we opted out of doing that part.  That DIY would have spelled DISASTER!!

It was a snug fit...heavy job but looks great!

This was a 6 hour job ........

yep...the wrong paint I hope was a nice primer:)


No comments:

Post a Comment