Thursday, February 28, 2013

From Squatters to Dave Ramsey

Yesterday we decided to investigate a couple of properties so my motley crew hit Hutto and Georgetown.  The first directions made me question things a little as we had to pass a landfill.  The property, or land I should say, was nice.  It had lots of trees and backed up to a horse and goat farm.  This land is not restricted at all, pretty rare, so I continued on. I guess pictures are a good way for you to truly understand.

Keep in mind the list price is only $95,000 and it's 6 acres! I just wonder how much gravel roads flood???

Yep...that would be the front porch...squatters have taken residence here.  For someone who is a little bit of a sanitation freak this is quite alarming.  I immediately stared emailing and asking about demolition...how much it costs to tear down a house!!!

Then we ventured on to a BEAUTIFUL piece of land right off 35 on the San Gabriel River....I had the house mentally situated on the land but....

So this picture may not do it justice, but this property literally backs up to the San Gabriel River. You are right on the freeway, but there is enough land for it not to matter.  So here's where the BUT comes into play.  It is unbuildable, apparently the structure of the rocks/cliffs can not support a house or building.  Why is this even for sale and what do you do with "look" only land???

Needless to say I left feeling like poop....feeling like this is never going to happen.  God's timing is always so spot on even when I grumble.  Anyway, some sweet friends teach FPU (financial Peace University) and we had pre-planned a dinner meeting with them to talk about budgets, investing, and such.


The Shimps here encouraging us to take more control of our financial future so we can bless others too!  Love how God places just the perfect people in your path at just the right time.  I am not gonna lie...I cried and cried last night.  I make my own laundry soap and cut coupons but this new lifestyle scares me.  I am a free spirit and having to know where each dollar goes literally makes me feel like I am loosing a little bit of me in the process. Isn't that so jacked up..I mean we are called to be faithful with what he has entrusted us, but really...me....really...budgeting ever dollar?

...and there you have it.... Now I sit, pray, dream big and get back to life which is homeschooling, cleaning, cooking, loving, and knowing that this path has already been charted I just need to stay out of the driver's seat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment