Saturday, February 9, 2013

Williamson, Travis, Burnet county oh my......

I have thoroughly exhausted my husband and potentially Pat, our real estate agent.  So for those of you who don't know me, I am slightly ADD and very free spirited.  That leaves some room for improvement when it comes to details and preferences on locations for this blessed land!  Here's what I have mentally corralled:
1. The property has to have at least 4 acres.
2. The property has to be unrestricted or have the potential to someday be rezoned as light commercial property
3. Water is a huge plus but so is the view
4. Proximity to major roads is critical as is the allowance of farm animals
5. A ready to move-in house would be ideal
6. Commute for my husband is a huge obstacle which then is moves this up on the ranking of priority!
7. This is gonna be so fun
8. Scratch number 7 as this is becoming a little more complex to coordinate.

This is just about when I start to dream about our goats, donkey ( which in my mind will be a faux pet horse), the free range farm eggs we will collect as part of the farm chores and how nice it will be to have land for the boys to shoot the sling shots at versus the neighbors house!

For now we are prepping our current house for sale in the open market.  It is a tricky balance of only buying what will resell well versus what I like.  This is code for champagne taste on a beer budget.  Monday, we have the granite guys coming to measure the counters of the kitchen and master bath for the final template on our order.  I wonder if I will like it so much that it causes me to want to stay in the burbs cause y'all, the houses in the country have yet to have granite or fancy upgrades.  That again may be that beer budget but trying to remain focused on finding the diamond in amongst the coal! OK, off to clean, research, and convince my husband this is gonna be so super stinkin easy to pull off...HA

No comments:

Post a Comment